Tubular pasta is called penne in Italy. Italians love to cook it with various sauces. Here is our recipe for penne pasta with dry cured Prosciutto ham in buttery sauce. This is a very appetizing and nourishing dish. This is a great option for lunch or dinner with your family and friends and will be greatly enjoyed. Finely grated Parmesan sprinkled on top adds just amazing note to the overall taste.
Ingredients for Pasta Penne with Prosciutto
- 300 g penne pasta
- 50 g Prosciutto ham
- 200 g cream
- 2 garlic cloves
- 0.5 white onion
- 0.5 teaspoon karri
- 2 parsley stalks
- Olive oil
- Put a pot of 6 pt of salted water (1 tablespoon salt) on a stove.
- As we wait for water to start boiling, make sauce.
- Peel and chop garlic and parsley.
- Dice onion finely.
- Slice ham into long strips.
- Grate Parmesan finely.
- In a deep frying pan, heat olive oil and sauté garlic and onion.
- Then add shredded parsley, karri and keep cooking for additional one minute, stirring well. Turn the heat off.
- As soon as the water boils, drop pasta and boil until al dente. Drain.
- Add cream and Prosciutto slices to the sauce.
- Simmer everything together for a minute and then add pasta. Cook for more 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan when serving.