Tamarind is a sweet tropical fruit which is also known as the Indian Date. It is extremely rich in beta-carotin. It is considered customary and more convenient to boil the tamarind flesh for a long time to prepare syrup. The tamarind dark-brown syrup with its exquisite and rich taste makes an excellent addition to desserts and cocktails. It goes well with cold milk and mint to create a singular and refreshing drink. It quenches your thirst and is especially nice to drink on sultry summer days.
Ingredients for Milk Cocktail with Mint and Tamarind Syrup
- 2 pt cold milk
- 5-6 tablespoons tamarind syrup
- 4 tablespoons mint syrup
- Pour very cold milk in a big jug.
- First add tamarind syrup and mix well.
- Then add mint syrup and mix well again. Now the drink is ready and you can pour it out.
- Serve at once, decorating the glasses with cane sugar and a frond of fresh mint.