Quail eggs are small speckled pearls that nature gives us. Since ancient times, this delicacy has been prized as a dietary and healing food. While quail eggs are so small (10-12 g), they are packed with many biologically active substances we need to be healthy.
They are an abundant source of useful trace elements and vitamins. Their nutritional value is 3-4 times higher than that of chicken eggs.
They contain 13% proteins while chicken eggs provide a bit more than 11%. Quail eggs contain 140 μg vitamin B1 compared to 50 μg in chicken eggs, and they contain twice as much vitamins A and B2. And quail eggs provide five times as much iron and potassium as chicken eggs. They also are richer in phosphorus and calcium.
Due to their amazing content, quail eggs are considered as a dietary food. The thing is quail eggs do not have “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and are very rich in “good” (HDL) cholesterol, so even seniors can eat them. Unlike chicken eggs, they do not cause allergy and diathesis. What’s more, they can help fight allergy symptoms due to the ovomucoid protein that is even used in the production of some antiallergic drugs. Regular consumption of quail eggs can help against many diseases.
Health Benefits of Quail Eggs
- are a remedy against digestive tract disorders such as gastritis, stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcer.
- can help cure anemia increasing hemoglobin level and remove toxins and heavy metals from blood.
- help in the treatment of tuberculosis, bronchial asthma, diabetes and vegetative-vascular dystonia.
- have strong anticancer effects and may help inhibit cancerous growth.
- help eliminate and remove stones from liver, kidneys and gallbladder.
- may accelerate recuperation after blood stroke and help strengthen heart muscle.
- are a powerful stimulant of sexual potency. They nourish the prostrate gland with useful substances, phosphorus, proteins and vitamins and therefore help restore sexual potency in men.
- promote good memory, enhance brain activity and regulate the nervous system.
- strengthen the immune system slow down aging of organs and increase the life span.
- improve skin color and strengthen hair making it shiny and voluminous. That’s why quail eggs are used for facial and hair care masks.
If kids eat at least 2 quail eggs daily, they grow better and are less likely to suffer from infectious diseases.
How to Eat Quail Eggs
Already impressed by unbelievable quail eggs health benefits? If you want not just enjoy them but also promote your health, you’d better eat raw eggs after washing them in boiling water. You don’t have to be afraid of salmonellosis because the body temperature of quails is higher than that of chicken. Quail eggs are resistant to infections due to their increased content of lysozyme that kills harmful bacteria.
Note: It would be a good habit of eating 3-5 quail eggs each morning to create a strong immunity and improve metabolism. You will experience a lasting fit of energy and vigor. After 3-4 months of regular consumption of the eggs, you will see an improvement in our overall health.