Pumpkin varies greatly in cultivars.
The texture, sweetness and color of the flesh depend on the sort and place of cultivation.
The pumpkin contains a lot of healthy substances such as carbohydrates, vitamins A, C, B1, B2 and minerals (calcium, iron and phosphorus).
Baked or boiled pumpkin is especially delicious and healthy. The pumpkin is an excellent natural treatment for digestive disorders. Also, it is a good diuretic and a remedy for kidney disease.
Pumpkin is beneficial to those having a heart condition as well as blood vessels and joint problems. Fresh pumpkin also can be used as salad ingredient.
Here is a recipe for tasty diet pumpkin soup with pasta.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Soup with Pasta
1 lb pumpkin
200 g pasta
2 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 parsley stalk
Salt to taste
Recipe of Pumpkin Soup with Pasta
- Remove seeds, cut away the hard peel and wash pumpkin.
- Cut into medium pieces.
- Sauté garlic cloves in olive oil until golden.
- Add chopped parsley.
- Place pumpkin pieces in pot.
- Add enough water to cover the pieces completely.
- Bring water to a boil and add pasta.
- Put sautéed mixture in a pot.
- Boil, stirring regularly.
- Soup is ready when pasta and pumpkin
- Serve hot, sprinkle with greens if desired.