Large oblong potatoes are very good for stuffing and baking. Stuffing of champignons and vegetables gives to the potato flesh thin mushroom flavor, the sweetness of stewed carrots and juicy onions. The basil with the fragrance of garlic and parsley gives this dish a special piquant note.
Ingredients for Potato Stuffed with Champignons
- 5-6 large potatoes
- 300 g/ 0.6 p champignons
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 sweet pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- some leaves basil, parsley
- 5-6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- Cut an onion, a pepper and carrots into small cubes.
- Cut the champignons in small pieces.
- Peel the potatoes and remove the cores, making a sort of tiny boats.
- Pour some olive oil into the frying pan and first fry onion, then add carrots and finally pepper.
- Stew it all for about 5 minutes, then add the pieces of champignons and continue stewing for another 5 minutes. Add the minced herbs and the crushed garlic. Salt to taste and mix.
- Then salt the potato’ boats, coat them with olive oil and put in the stuffing.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, coat it with olive oil and place stuffed potatoes on.
- Bake the potatoes for about 40-50 minutes at medium temperature. Check readiness by stabbing the potatoes with a fork.
- Serve the stuffed potatoes hot. You can put grated cheese on top if you like.