Here is meatballs recipe of our own where we united Russian and Italian ingredients. Our meatballs recipe features chopped mushrooms and Parmesan cheese. The taste was just great and piquant, perfectly accompanied by champignons trifolati as a side dish. There are almost no spices, which give a chance to fully enjoy the taste of natural ingredients. These meatballs will appeal to both kids and grownups.
Ingredients for Pork Meatballs with Mushrooms
- 300 g ground pork
- 2-2.2 lb (500 g) champignons
- 100 g dried bread
- 50 g grated Parmesan
- 2 garlic cloves
- Half of onion bulb
- 1 egg
- Several parsley stalks
- Olive oil
- Soak dried bread in a large bowl of cold water.
- Wash champignons, peel and separate stems from caps.
- Chop onion, mushroom stems and parsley finely.
- Saute onion and mushroom stems, stirring regularly until all the moisture evaporates. Turn the heat off.
- In a bowl, combine ground pork, egg, bread (squeezed from water well), grated cheese, shredded parsley, fried mushroom stems with onion and add salt to taste.
- Wet your hands with water and form meatballs. Roll them in breadcrumbs.
- Fry meatballs in enough quantity of olive oil. Cook on both sides for 3-4 minutes until nicely brown, turning over.
- Then cook mushroom caps in another frying pan.
- First, sauté chopped garlic.
- Put champignon caps cut into 4-6 pieces and add shredded parsley and salt to taste.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until all the moisture evaporates.
- Garnish with champignon caps or any veggies and greens. Serve hot.