This is a hearty and tasty dish that can be eaten by the whole family.
Meatballs are perfectly matched with mashed potatoes, rice, and salad. The sauce is so delicious that you can simply dip bread there.
Ingredients for Meatballs with Spicy Sauce
- Beef: 500 gr.
- Pork: 500 gr.
- Onions: 4
- Bread crumbs: 2 tablespoons
- Worcester or Worcestershire sauce: 2 tbsp.
- Balsamic vinegar: 1 tbsp.
- Olive oil: 3-4 tbsp.
- Salt, oregano, black pepper, coriander: everything to taste.
for the sauce
- Leek: 1
- Celery: 1 stalk.
- Carrot: 1
- Puree tomatoes (passata): 1 cup.
- Beer: half a cup.
- Olive oil: 2-3 tbsp.
- Honey: 1 tsp.
- Worcestershire sauce: 1 tbsp.
- Chili pepper.
- Any semi-hard cheese for sprinkling and stuffing: about 150 gr.
Recipe for Meatballs with Spicy Sauce
- Chop the onions finely, stew them with olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and balsamic vinegar over low heat for about 15-20 minutes. Onions should not get dried; they must be sweet, soft and translucent.
- Then grind the meat with this sweet stewed onions. Add all the spices and bread crumbs. Mix the stuffing well until it gets smooth and slightly beat it by throwing it in a bowl.
- Form meatballs, put in every, small piece of cheese. Put them into the mold, greased and sprinkled with breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown, at 180C about 15-20 min.
- At the same time, prepare the sauce: chop carrots, celery, and leek in a blender.
- Put the mixture in a saucepan, add olive oil, tomato puree and other ingredients. Simmer it for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and sprinkle them with grated cheese.
- Send the dish back into the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Serve the meatballs hot with the sauce.