The simplest potato dish is mashed potatoes. Forget about bags of instant mashed potatoes. They have none of the vitamins and taste that freshly cooked crumbly mashed potatoes do.
This is Italian-style mashed potatoes recipe. Italians usually add olive oil along with butter when preparing mashed potatoes. In addition, they sprinkle it with a handful of grated Parmesan.
Well, oregano is a must! This fragrant herb always pleases the soul – you cannot do without it.
All products are added by sight. Nobody measures grams. Everything is added to taste, inspiration, and appetite.
Mashed potatoes is good and for children. For them, it is also tasty and healthy.
If they don’t eat salted fish, can eat mashed potatoes without it.
Ingredients for Mashed Potatoes
about 3 portions
- Potatoes: 5-6 large
- Bay leaf: 2-3
- Butter: about 80 gr.
- Extra virgin olive oil: about 80 gr.
- Grated Parmesan: 50-60 gr.
- Dried oregano ground: 1-2 tsp
Ingredients for Garnishing
- Smoked salmon: 150-200 gr.
- White onion: 1
- Olive oil: 2-3 tbsp
- A few drops of balsamic vinegar.
- Tomatoes and basil.
Recipe for Mashed Potatoes
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 2-3 pieces.
- Pour in the water until it slightly covers the potatoes.
- Add bay leaf and cook over medium heat until the potatoes get soft.
- Then pour the potato broth in a bowl.
- Mash the potatoes until homogeneity; add butter, cheese, salt, oregano, and potato broth as needed. Never use a blender if you do not want to get a sticky mass like a glue.
- Slice salmon and mix it with onion, olive oil, few drops of balsamic vinegar.
- Put the hot mashed potatoes on a plate, top with slices of salmon and onions, garnish wiht tomatoes and basil.