Sushi is a world-famous dish that originates from Japan. In the Japanese cuisine, they are made with raw fish. But it can be dangerous outside this country due to the possibility of an infection, so the good idea is to exchange raw fish for smoke-cured or boiled seafood.
Ingredients for Sushi with Smoked Salmon
- Round rice
- Dry seaweed nori (the dark color, the more it is tasty and fragrant)
- Rice vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Fillet of smoked salmon
- Salt, sugar
- Bamboo mat for the formation of rolls and a sharp knife to cut them.
Recipe for Sushi with Smoked Salmon
- 1 glass of rice will be enough for 2 people. Put it into a large bowl, pour over with cold water, wash, turning the rice over from the bottom with your hand. The water will get muddy.
- Pour out the water, squeeze the rice with your hand. Pour it over again with fresh water. Repeat the procedure until the water comes out clean, then dry the rice with the help of a colander.
- Put the rice in a pan, pour in 1 ¼ glass water for each 1 glass rice, cover with a lid and bring to boil.
- After that turn down the heat as low as you can and boil for another 12 minutes. When all the water has been absorbed, there will be small holes visible on the surface of the rice. Take the pan off heat without lifting the lid and let it stand by.
- For seasoning mix 2.3 tablespoons vinegar, 0.5 oz sugar and 0.2 oz salt.
- Put the rice into a large plate, smooth out the surface, pour the seasoning over it in a thin stream, and at once start rising the rice with a turner from the bottom to the top in cut-like movements; you shouldn’t wield the turner as if you were mixing it. Repeat it several times.
- Smooth the rice out over the bottom and let it cool down.
- Cut cucumbers and fish in thin stripes.
- Thin rolls should be a little less than an inch in diameter. You need half a nori leaf. Fold the leaf in two and cut it with scissors.
- Nori leaves are smooth on one side and rough on the other. The smooth side should always be outside, you put the ingredients on the rough side.
- Dip your hands into some vinegar water. Take 3 very full tablespoons of rice and spread it over the seaweed, leaving the upper edge about half an inch long free.
- Spread the rice evenly, moistening your hands regularly. Top it with the filling (fish and cucumber).
- Bend the edge of the seaweed upwards, roll the sushi roll to and fro, press it down gently. Then put the roll aside and start preparing the next one.
- Take a sharp knife, dip it into vinegar water – it will ensure its cutting through the roll without getting stuck. Cut the rolls up.
- Eating sushi with chopsticks. Dip each piece into the soy sauce and put in the mouth.