Flavorful apple donuts are a traditional dainty of the Trentino-Alto Adige region. It is a wonderful treat for adults and kids alike which is dead easy to make.
Ingredients for Apple Donuts
- Apples: 2-3
- Sugar 100 gr (3 oz.)
- Flour 150 gr (5 oz)
- Milk 150 ml
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 pinch of salt
- Vanilla, cinnamon: to taste
- Eggs 2
- Oil for frying
Recipe for Apple Donuts
- Whip up yolks and milk with salt and vanilla, cinnamon.
- Add flour and yoghurt, mix well until you get a smooth substance. You should come up with not very thick dough. Cover up the dish and leave to come by for 30-40 minutes.
- After that whip up yolks with sugar until you get thick foam and add to the dough, mixing it in by stirring from downside up.
- Peel (or not) the apples, take out the cores and cut into rings about half an inch thick.
- Warm up oil in a deep pan, dip apples into the dough and fry until they acquire a nice golden hue.
- Put them away onto napkins to get rid of excessive oil.
- When serving sprinkle with powdered sugar.