This pie is made with shortcrust pastry or breeze dough. It is a crumbly pie with a delicate taste that will melt in your mouth. You’ll have to knead the dough quickly, use very cold water for it and put it into the refrigerator straightaway because shortcrust pastry doesn’t stand warmth. Now you have a blind-baked crust, you can bake pies with different fillings.
Ingredients for dough
- 0.4 lb butter
- 0.8 lb flour
- 0.4 pt water
- a pinch of salt
Ingredients for filling
- 2.2 lb peaches
- 0.2 lb butter
- 0.4 lb almond
- 0.3 lb sugar
- one egg plus one yolk
Making a Peach Pie
- Strew flour on the working surface, add a pinch of salt.
- Put pieces of cold butter onto the flour. Cut the butter with a knife into small crumbs, mixing it with flour, add cold water at the end.
- Having kneaded the dough quickly, rap it into a film and put it away into the refrigerator for about 40 minutes.
- Now let’s make the filling. Mill almond into tiny crumbs, mix it with butter, sugar and egg. Cut peaches into slices.
- Then roll out the dough thin and put it into a baking tray.
- Spread the almond mixture over the dough thinly.
- Put the peach slices on top and turn in the dough edges.
- Smear the edges with yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pie in the oven pre-heated to 356 degrees Fahrenheit for about 50 minutes.