Cheesecakes are tasty and easy to make. Everyone who baked them once is sure to have fallen in love with the fabulous taste of this dessert. You have to know a couple of fine points to make an excellent cheesecake. You should leave it to cool in the oven for a long time so it won’t crack open. Also you shouldn’t whip anything, because the cheesecake can swell up while baking and cave in later.
Ingredients for Cheesecake New York
- 0.4 lb dry cookies
- 0.15 lb butter
- 1.2 lb Philadelphia cheese
- 4 eggs
- 0.3 lb sugar
- 0.42 pt cream
- 1 pack vanilla
Recipe for Cheesecake New York
- Break up cookies, mix with melted butter and 1 tablespoon water. Spread the mixture over the bottom of a cake hoop 20 cm in diameter, overlaid by foil.
- Rub eggs with sugar, add cream and cheese and mix up until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the hoop. Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour in an oven pre-heated to 300 degrees on low heat. After that turn the heat down to 250 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in for 3 hours. Then put it into the fridge for 5 hours more.