Galette require shortcrust pastry. It impedes the gluten strands, because flour is blended with butter. This kind of pastry is soft and crumbly. You can make a delicious tart with your own hands and make a surprise meal for your family members.
Ingredients for dough
- 0.8 lb flour
- 0.4 lb butter
- 0.4 pt cold water
Ingredients for filling
- 2.2 lb plums
- 10 walnuts
- 1 egg
- 0.3 lb sugar
Making a Plum Galette
- Make the dough according to the recipe Shortcrust pastry pie.
- Cut plums in half, take the stones out.
- Clean walnuts and break them into large pieces with your hands.
- Whip up an egg with 0.2 lb sugar.
- When the dough has been in the refrigerator as long as it’s necessary, take it out and roll out thinly.
- Place it on a baking tray. Put the plum halves and walnut pieces on the dough, pour over with the egg whipped with sugar.
- Turn up the edges of the dough and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Bake the Galette in the oven pre-heated to 356 degrees until the crust becomes nicely brown.