The skate fish is considered to be a gourmet food. It has tender white meat and soft cartilage-like bones. They usually eat the skate’s fins – “wings” which are sold in shops with coarse skin peeled off. Since the skate’s meat has a fine pleasant aroma, many people prefer to cook it simply.
Ingredients for Fry Skate
- 2 skate wings
- flour for coating
- lemon juice, olive oil, salt, white pepper
Recipe for Fry Skate
- Cut the wings into portion pieces along the cartilage.
- Roll each piece over in flour, shake off surplus flour.
- Fry the fish in a fair amount of oil, 5 or 6 minutes on each side, on medium heat.
- Put the fried pieces on a plate covered with paper napkins to take off surplus oil.
- Serve the fish warm after salting, peppering and sprinkling it with lemon juice.