How to Make Focaccia with Cheese, Olives, Rosemary and Tomatoes
Focaccia is a healthy and simple snack. You can take it along to a picnic or on a trip. It can go well with many dishes. Focaccia is made with different herbs and stuffings.
We made a special kind of focaccia adding cheese and chickpea flour to the dough. The result exceeded our expectations, the taste was marvelous.
Ingredients for Focaccia with Cheese
- Wheat flour: 250 gr.
- Chickpea flour: 100 gr.
- Warm water: 200 ml.
- Fresh yeast 25 gr.
- Olive oil, salt.
- A handful of olives.
- Any piece of semi hard cheese: about 100 gr.
- Tomatoes: 2-3
- Fresh rosemary.
Recipe for Focaccia with Cheese
- Dissolve yeast in warm water with chickpea flour, leave to come to for about half an hour.
- Add wheat flour, 4 tbsp. olive oil, salt and knead soft dough.
- Drizzle the worktable with flour and work on the dough for about 10 minutes. If the dough sticks to the fingers, smear them with oil.
- Place the dough into a bowl, cover up with film and leave to stand for about 2-3 hours.
- When the dough has risen, mix in bits of cheese and olives.
- Spread the dough over a baking tray with parchment over the bottom.
- Sprinkle rosemary over the top, set tomato slices, pressing them into the dough slightly.
- Drizzle a little oil over it.
- Let it come to for about 20-25 minutes.
- Bake in the oven pre-heated to 355 degrees until it acquires a nicely golden color, about 20 minutes.