Korean cuisine is famous for its marinated vegetables. Its veritable staple is marinated carrot cut into thin strips and well seasoned, with cracked coriander first of all. Thus prepared, carrot can be an excellent side-dish to fish and meat dishes. Also it goes well with any salad or snack.
Ingredients for Korean Carrot Salad
- 2 lb carrot
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cracked coriander
- a mixture of various peppers: to taste
- 0.5 teaspoon oregano
- 0.5 teaspoon marjoram
- 0.5 teaspooncurry
- 0.2 pt or half a glass vegetable oil
- Vinegar, salt, sugar: to taste
- 1 onion bulb
Recipe for Korean Carrot Salad
- First, prepare the oil: Cut onion finely and fry on the oil until it gets nicely brown. Let it stand for about 15-20 minutes and drain through a fine sieve. Throw the onion away, mash garlic through a press and add to the oil.
- Wash and peel carrots.
- Grate carrots on a special grater into long strips.
- Sprinkle with all spices, add oil with garlic and knead everything with your hands to squeeze out juice.
- Adjust the taste by adding vinegar, salt, and sugar.
- Let it stand for about 3 hours.