Steamed dishes are the most salubrious, although there are people who have misgivings about their taste. Well, we cooked some fish in the recently purchased double boiler and found there was nothing wrong with the taste! Mackerel flavorful with spice and herbs came off juicy and delicious. Meals cooked in the double boiler don’t lose their nutrient substances and are therefore as pleasant as they are wholesome.
Ingredients for Steamed Spicy Mackerel
- Fresh mackerel is not large: 5-6.
- Lemon juice.
- A mixture of chopped aromatic Italian herbs (rosemary, oregano, basil, coriander, cloves, black, white and pink pepper): 2-3 tbsp
- Bay leaves: 2-3 pc.
- Olive oil, salt: to taste.
Recipe for Steamed Spicy Mackerel
- Gut the fish, cut the heads off, wash in running water, let dry.
- Mix the herbs and sprinkle over the flesh, rubbing the mixture in both inside and outside. Leave for 1-2 hour for absorbing.
- Pour water into the double boiler.
- Put the fish into the boiler cup, cover with the lid and boil for about 30 minutes.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, sprinkling with lemon juice and olive oil.