Flammkuchen, also known as the Flaming Pie, is immensely popular in Germany and France and has many stuffing variants. It is made with thin yeast dough and comes out crunchy. Onion baked in cream acquires such a spellbinding aroma and sweetness that it is sure to be appreciated even by those who don’t habitually like onion.
Ingredients for dough
- 1 – 1.1 lb flour
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.4 pt or one glass water
- 3 – 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 0.8 oz yeast
Ingredients for stuffing
- 0.2 lb olives of various kinds without stones
- 4 onions
- 1 tablespoon salty capers
- 0.2 lb cherry tomatoes
- 0.4 lb thick cream
Recipe for Flammkuchen the Mediterranean Way
- Make the dough according to the recipe Flammkuchen.
- When the dough has swollen, roll it out thinly and put on the baking tray.
- Smear it with cream lavishly, put on cut olives, capers, tomatoes, basil and onion cut into half rings.
- Bake in the oven pre-heated to 392 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.