This recipe is known by two names – Marinated Fish and Fish with Vegetables, and both of them are worth using because vegetables give the dish a piquant sourish taste reminding one of marinade. You can take any fish, but it should be large, fat and not very boney.
Fish goes well with vegetables, you will get a marvelously juicy and aromatic dish.
Ingredients for Fish with Vegetables
- 2 lb fish salmon
- 2-3 carrots
- 2-3 onions
- 0.4 lb cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- lemon, marjoram
- 1 glass tomato puree
- olive oil, salt
Recipe for Fish with Vegetables
- Cut fish into pieces, extracting all the bones; salt and pepper a little.
- Cut leek and onion into half rings and boil slightly in a stew pan with 5 spoons of olive oil. Then add roughly grated carrot, stew for about 3 minutes, add cut-up tomatoes and salt.
- Stew it all together for about 3 minutes, add marjoram and tomato puree and stew for another couple of minutes.
- When you’re through with it, put fish on the bottom of the pan pushing the vegetable mass aside and then covering pieces if fish with it. All the fish must be covered with the vegetable sauce.
- Cover it up and simmer for about 20 minutes on medium heat. Add finely cut lemon with skin and garlic and turn off the heat in a couple of minutes.
- Let the fish stand by for another 10 minutes and then serve.