Russians traditionally bake or simmer crucian carp in sour cream. Sour cream keeps it moist as crucian carp is very low in fat. Though this fish is bony, the flesh is delicious with sweetish taste. Crucian carp baked in sour cream is really finger-licking dish! You’ve tried it and it makes you long for more. Fresh water fishes provide easily digestible proteins, phosphorus and it is always so tasty.
Ingredients for Crucian Carp Baked in Sour Cream
- 2 large crucian carps (about 3 lb in total weight)
- 100 g thick sour cream
- 1 bunch of dill
- 1 onion
- Scale the fishes, gut, remove gills and rinse in running water well.
- Stuff with onion rings and whole dill stalks.
- Shred the rest of dill and mix with sour cream. Add salt to taste.
- Rub the fishes with sour cream all over and put on oil coated baking sheet.
- Bake at medium temperature for about 40 minutes.
- Bake until nicely brown.
- Serve hot with vegetables.