This fish goes by several names – spigola, European seabass, branzino, it belongs to the family Morondiae. Its marvelous white meat is very much appreciated by gourmets.
Ingredients for Baked Bass with Vegetables
1 Sea Bass (Spigola): about 1 kg.
1-2 Red onions
2-3 tbsp White wine
4-5 tbsp Olive oil
Salt, black pepper, rosemary, basil, oregano, parsley: to taste.
Recipe for Baked Bass with Vegetables
- Gut the fish, clean off scales, remove gills. Wash in running water and let dry.
- Cut up the vegetables into pieces about the same size. Salt, pepper, oregano and mix with olive oil and wine.
- Rub the fish with olive oil mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper. Put a couple of basil leaves, parsley and rosemary into the belly.
- Set the fish on a baking tray, lay out vegetables.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 355 degrees.