In March artichokes begin to come in. Spring is the time when we can enjoy the best of them. Sometimes buds can just be fried in oil, and you get crispy outer petals and a soft and tender core. Fried artichokes bring minutes of real enjoyment over the food that is both simple and exquisite.
Ingredients for Fried Artichokes
- 6-8 large artichokes
- 5 glasses olive oil
The Recipe for Fried Artichokes
- Get a dish with cold water and lemon juice handy. As soon as you clean artichokes drop them into sour water to prevent them from darkening.
- Wash and clean artichokes, remove several layers of outer petals and cut off about a half of the upper part of the buds.
- About 3 cm of the stem adjoining the bud is also quite eatable, so it’s better to leave a short stem having cut off the outer skin.
- Pour oil into a pan. Dry the buds with a paper towel and drop them into boiling oil by twos.
- Fry for about 10 minutes, turning them over, until they acquire a nice brown color and put them on a plate covered with a napkin to take off excessive oil.
- Add salt.