Goat cheese falls into the category of the healthiest sorts of cheese. It contains more fermented milk bacteria than cow milk cheese. These bacteria have stronger antimicrobial properties; they are very active and clean the body by removing saprogenic microbes. Use more goat cheese in your daily diet to ward off illnesses. For example, this goat cheese and beet appetizer with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, oregano and basil has a gentle harmonious taste and is highly health-protective.
Ingredients for Appetizer with Goat Cheese and Beet
- 3-4 boiled beets
- 0.7 lb/ 300 g soft goat cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar Balsamic Di Modena
- oregano, salt, basil to taste
- First of all marinate the beets. Peel the boiled beets and cut them across into thin slices.
- Put the slices into a bowl, salt, and pour in olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixture. Let the beets soak for 20-30 minutes or so.
- Then put the marinated beet slices on a plate, top them with goat cheese slices.
- Sprinkle them with mashed dry oregano and garnish with fresh basil stalks.
- The appetizer is ready and you can serve it.