Spring is the time when we can best enjoy dishes with fresh asparagus for spring is the season for this tender and tasty plant. Asparagus is easy to cook, the main guidelines are not to overboil it and not to kill its delicate taste with too many spices.
Ingredients for White Asparagus with Egg
- 10 stalks white asparagus
- 3 eggs
- half of a nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 thin slices of cheese for toasts.
Recipe for White Asparagus with Egg
- Cut off about 2cm from the stalks of asparagus and peel off rough outer skin.
- Pour 6.3 pt water into a pan, add 2 spoons rough sea salt.
- Bring it to boil and put the asparagus in. Boil for 10 minutes then take the plants out.
- Whip up eggs with a pinch of salt, grated nutmeg, yoghurt, olive oil and flour.
- Pour this mixture into a frying pan, put in the boiled asparagus, fry for about 3 minutes and top with cheese slices.
- As soon as the cheese melts turn off the heat and serve at once.