Rabbit meat stewed in creamy sauce is the perfect nourishing dish that will appeal to appetites of all ages. Saffron nicely emphasizes soft and delicate taste of the meat and nutmeg add a fabulous overall flavor. Rabbit meat is especially healthy for those with cardiovascular disorders or liver problems as well as for people who suffer from low hemoglobin levels. Rabbit meat may be a great idea for holiday meal because it is tasty and very easily digestible.
Ingredients for Rabbit in Creamy Sauce
- 2-2.2 lb (1 kg) rabbit meat
- 300 ml whole milk
- 50 g butter
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 nutmeg
- Saffron, a couple of leaves
- Black or white pepper
- Cut rabbit meat into large pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and saute saffron leaves.
- Roll pieces of rabbit meat in flour and add to the frying pan.
- Sprinkle with finely grated nutmeg and season with salt to taste.
- Pour in 3 tablespoonfuls of olive oil and cook rabbit meat on both sides for 6-7 minutes.
- Add milk, cover and stew for about 20 minutes.
- Uncover, flip meat pieces over, season with pepper and keep cooking uncovered.
- Cook until all milk evaporates and sauce is creamy in texture.
- Serve hot in portions, pouring the sauce over and garnishing with greens, pickled carrot or any veggies you like.