Beet can boast a great amount of healthy properties. It cleanses the liver of toxins, improves digestion and protects from cancer. It contains much iodine and boracium, and scientists say that it improves the endocrine profile and enhances sexual desire. Celery and garlic double the effect. We dressed this salad with good olive oil and natural grape vinegar but if you want you can replace vinegar with the juice of one lemon.
Ingredients for Beet Salad with Celery
- 2-3 stalks celery
- 3-4 boiled beets
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of leaf lettuce
- salt, olive oil and vinegar to taste
- Wash and chop celery stalks finely.
- Peel the beets and cut into sticks.
- Put the garlic through the masher.
- Put together the celery, the beet and the garlic. Salt the salad, dress it with olive oil, add some grape vinegar, mix.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes for better permeation, then put on lettuce leaves and serve it.