If you stuff anchovies with a flavorful mixture of cream, dry bread, garlic and parsley and bake it in an oven you’ll get a dish with a wonderful taste. Though its cooking is going to take time, you will be rewarded with an interesting, delicate and fragrant dish. Anchovy is inexpensive but fatty small fish belonging to the blue family. It is rich with polyunsaturated Omega 3 fatty acids. Dishes from fresh anchovy are very wholesome; you can eat them both hot and cold.
Ingredients for Baked Anchovies
- 1.1 lb/ 500 g anchovies
- juice from half a lemon
- breadcrumbs as much as needed
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- some parsley stalks
- 2 tablespoons thick cream
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash and gut the anchovies, cut off their heads and remove the spines. Pull both fillet halves apart without breaking off the skin along the spine.
- Chop the parsley finely, grate the garlic.
- Put the chopped parsley, olive oil, garlic, cream and salt to taste into a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs and mix carefully. Your mixture mustn’t be very thick.
- Then spread this mixture over the fillet halves, a thicker layer on the inside, and fix them together.
- Roll every fish in breadcrumbs and put them together on a pre-oiled baking sheet.
- Bake the anchovies for about 10-15 minutes at the temperature of 350 F (180 C).
- Serve the dish with slices of lemon, parsley or any vegetables.