Yardlong bean soup with cheese is an easy and quick dish to cook. It has a pleasant and delicate taste. A spoon of salty capers added when it is nearly ready gives the soup a distinguishing touch. This soup will fit into any diet because yardlong beans contain a complex of microelements which helps normalize metabolism. You can give this simple and tasty soup to children as well.
Ingredients for Cheese Soup with Yardlong Beans
- 0.7-0.9 lb/ 300-400 g yardlong beans
- 0.2-0.3 lb/ 100-150 g soft melted cheese (cheese for toasts will do fine)
- 1 bulb onion
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3-4 tablespoon olive oil
- Pour olive oil into a thick bottomed pan and fry chopped onion until golden.
- Then add cut-up yardlong beans and simmer them with onion for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in 2 pt/ 34 fl oz water, cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- When the yardlong beans are soft, add shredded capers and cheese.
- Stir regularly until the cheese melts down. Salt to taste and turn the heat off.
- Serve the soup hot with dry bread.