It is a fast, universal and easy to prepare dish. Empty pepper halves can be baked in advance. They are perfectly stored in the refrigerator for several days.
You can use mozzarella instead scamorza. It are similar, both are easily melted. But scamorza cheese more piquant taste.
Ingredients for Grilled Peppers
- Few sweet peppers not large: about 8-10.
- Scamorza cheese or Mozzarella: 350-400 gr.
- Prosciutto ham: 100 gr.
- Olive oil: 3-4 tbsp
- Oregano, white or black pepper, salt to taste.
Recipe for Grilled Peppers
- Wash the peppers, cut lengthwise, clean out the seeds.
- Place the halves of the peppers on a baking sheet, salt them and put in the oven or grill.
- Take out the baking sheet, put slices of ham into the peppers.
- Put slices of cheese on top, sprinkle with oregano, salt, pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Put in the oven or grill again for a few minutes.
- Once the cheese melts, the peppers are ready.