These pancakes (or crepes) are thin and delicate, almost weightless. They are ideal to complete the meal.
They are served for dessert with ice cream, fruit, berries, any syrup, caramel sauce, icing sugar, whipped cream, melted chocolate, nuts. You just choose what you have at hand. Whatever you choose, the dessert is excellent.
Ingredients for French Pancakes Crêpes
- Flour 1 cup.
- Milk: 2 cups.
- Eggs: 3
- Melted butter: 3 tbsp
- Baking soda: on the tip of a knife.
- A few drops of lemon juice.
- Sugar: 2 tbsp
- A pinch of salt.
Recipe for French Pancakes Crêpes
- Whisk eggs with salt and sugar. Add milk, continue whisking and add some sifted flour.
- Add melted butter, baking soda and few drops of lemon juice.
- Knead the dough until smooth, and leave in the fridge for half an hour.
- Bake pancakes, pouring the batter onto the hot pan and quickly rotating it for the dough to spread over the pan as thinly as possible. You usually need 3 tbsp for one pancake, but it depends on the diameter of the pan.
- Bake pancakes until golden brown on both sides.
- The dough is very liquid, and the pancakes are so tender that they are difficult to flip. If you can not flip the pancake in the air, as French chefs do, you need two wide spatulas. With their help, you can easily manage.