Belgian endive, or salad chicory, or witloof – is a useful vegetable with juicy and crispy leaves.
It is good not only as a fresh ingredient of many salads. It can also be used to cook hot and hearty dishes.
The light bitterness of fresh endive completely disappears during the heat treatment.
Today, we have an original tasty Belgian dish with Italian products.
Ingredients for Endive with Ham and Cheese
- Endive (chicory): 4-5
- Prosciutto Ham: 100-150 gr.
- Scamorza smoked cheese: 150 gr.
- Mascarpone: 250 gr. + 2-3 tablespoons milk.
- Nutmeg: 2-3 pinches
- Salt and black pepper: to taste.
Recipe for Endive with Ham and Cheese
- Blanche endive leaves in salted water for a few minutes and drain them.
- Cut them in half lengthwise.
- Wrap each half of endive in slices of Prosciutto ham.
- Put them into a bowl.
- Mix mascarpone with milk, grated nutmeg, pepper, and salt.
- Spread this cream over the entire surface of the halves of endive.
- Sprinkle it with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 200C/392F for 20 minutes, until golden brown.