You can cook this jelly from fresh or canned pineapples alike. It is almost translucent, yet with a rich taste and flavor. If pineapple is fresh you’ll have to dip it into boiling water for some minutes as we did in our recipe. If you take canned pineapple slices just put them into forms. The gelatin bag usually carries the information on the right proportion of liquid and gelatin.
Ingredients for Pineapple Jelly
- 0.7 lb pineapple flesh
- 1 lemon
- 1.2 oz gelatin
- 0.4 lb brown sugar
- 1.7 pt water
- dried apricots, chocolate, berries as much as needed for garnishing
- Dip gelatin in cold water.
- Cut pineapple into slices, pour water over them, pour sugar and add juice of one large lemon.
- Put it over the heat and boil, in 2-3 minutes take out the pineapple slices with a slotted spoon. Spread them out into jelly forms.
- Turn the heat off, squeeze the gelatin and put it into the syrup. Stir the syrup slowly until the gelatin has dissolved completely. Then pour the jelly into the forms with pineapple.
- Put the forms into the fridge until the jelly has set, generally it takes about two hours.
- Dip the forms into warm water for some seconds and turn them over, the jelly will slide off easily.
- Garnish the jelly with dried apricots, melted chocolate and berries.