Beetroot soup is the very good dish for hot weather. Even if you are not too fond of beetroot, you stand a good chance of liking the soup.
Ingredients for Cold Beetroot Soup
- Cooked beets: 3-4
- Carrots :1-2
- Stalk of celery.
- Tomatoes: 3-4
- Boiled Eggs: 2
- Cucumbers: 1-2
- Olive oil: 2-3 tbsp
- Kefir, yogurt or sour cream: 1-2 tbsp on each plate.
- Chives, dill, parsley and other herbs to taste.
- Salt, pepper, and something acidic, such as lemon juice, vinegar or cucumber pickle: to taste.
- Water: about 2 liters
Recipe for Cold Beetroot Soup
- Peel the tomatoes, cut them up finely, shred beetroot and carrot on a rough grate.
- Pour a couple of spoonfuls of oil into a pan, put in tomatoes, beetroot, carrot, celery. Stew on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Pour in water, bring to the boil once again and turn off the heat. Let it cool down.
- Add peeled and finely chopped cucumbers, greens. Bring the taste to perfection in terms of saltiness, sweetness and sourness.
- Let the soup stand by in the fridge for one hour.
- When serving, put some sour cream and half an egg into each plate.