Today we baked patties with liver. We had chicken liver, but we are sure beef liver will be quite as good. The dough is a light yeast one and will be easy to make. But you should pick quality yeast, for the softness of the patties will hang on it.
Ingredients for Dough
- 1.6 lb flour
- 0.85 pt or 2 glasses milk or yogurt
- 3-4 tablespoons melted butter
- 0.05 lb yeast
- one egg+1 yolk for smearing
Ingredients for Filling
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 2 onion
- salt, pepper.
Recipe for Liver Patties
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk with sugar and butter. Add a couple spoonfuls of flour and wait for about 15 minutes for the yeast to activate.
- Add salt and egg; adding flour gradually, knead dough. Knead it for about 15 minutes to make the dough smooth and non-sticky.
- Roll it up into a ball, put it into a deep bowl and cover with a film. Leave it to stand for 2-3 hours.
- Meanwhile get the filling ready. Boil liver with one onion. Take another onion, cut it up finely and fry.
- Put the liver with boiled onion through the meat grinder and mix it with fried onion, salt, pepper.
- When the dough has risen twice its size, place it on the table and knead for 10 minutes; after that roll into a stick and cut into pieces.
- Press each piece making it round, put some filling in the middle and pinch the edges shut.
- Set patties seam down on a baking tray. Smear with butter and leave for 1 hour, after that smear with egg yolk.
- Bake patties until golden at 356 degrees.