Chicken Tabaka, is chicken flattened crispy and seasoned with garlic, herbs, pepper. This grilled chicken is usually known as belonging to Georgian cuisine, but there is a similar dish in Italy known as Devilled chicken, meaning heavily spiced. It is rubbed with pepperoncino (red ground pepper), aromatic herbs, olive oil, then it is spread, put under pressure and fried at once.
Here we share a recipe for char-grilled Chicken Tabaka that we are especially fond of.
It is advisable to take little chickens for this recipe, they will cook faster.
Ingredients for Chicken Tabaka
- Chicken: 1
- Mustard 1 tbsp
- Honey: 1 tsp
- Garlic: 2-3 cloves.
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Salt, hot red and black pepper to taste.
Recipe for Chicken Tabaka
- Mix rubbed garlic with the other ingredients.
- Smear this mixture over a chicken that has been cut along the breast and slightly pounded. Flatten it with a meat pounder.
- Try to rub the mixture under the skin. Leave to come to for 2 hours. Sometimes we even leave chicken overnight in the refrigerator, chicken soaked even better.
- Place the chicken on a frying pan and put pressure on top. Top you can to pin down with pan smaller, or plate. You can simply fill pot or kettle with water and gently press it on top of the plate. We have a special double frying pan for frittata, it is convenient to turn.
- Fry the chicken over medium heat until golden brown, turning occasionally, about 40-50 minutes.