Try this unbelievably soft chicken liver pate. This excellent dietary dish will appeal to both kids and adults. It is a tasty spread on unsalted crackers and goes well with fresh and pickled vegetables. In addition, chicken liver is rich in the B vitamins and vitamin A that have a positive effect on the immune system, slow down aging process, maintain healthy skin and improve metabolism. It requires no fuss and you will enjoy this homemade dish immensely. Capers fresh fennel and nutmeg give this dish an unexpected and unique flavor.
Ingredients for Chicken Liver Paste with Capers
1 lb (500 g) chicken liver
1 large onion
4-5 stalks fresh fennel
50 g salted capers
½ cup (100 g) butter
White pepper, salt to taste
2 tablespoons white dry wine
Recipe of Chicken Liver Paste with Capers
- Wash the liver and put into a pan filled with water.
- Bring water to a boil and cook with unpeeled onion for 15 minutes.
- Then grind the liver with boiled onion, fennel and capers.
- Finely grate nutmeg and add to the mixture.
- Then add soft butter, salt, wine and white pepper.
- Mix everything well. Chicken liver paste with capers is done.