Celery is a medicinal herb that serves as aromatic seasoning. All celery parts are juicy and have a characteristic smell due to the presence of several linaloe oils.
Celery is included in diets for slimming, cleansing and recovery.
Experiments proved rejuvenating and anti-inflammatory properties of luteolin contained in celery. Luteolin suppresses a number of chemical changes in the brain that are linked with ageing, somnolence, memory loss and depression.
Celery is an excellent source of chlorophyll, provitamin A, vitamin PP, K, B1, B2, B6 and C. Its stalks and roots are rich in calcium, magnesium, potassium, folic acid, iron, phosphorus, sodium and other essential amino acids. It contains not less than 8 anti-cancer compounds.
So, celery is beneficial for
- Regulating the arterial pressure.
- Enhancing the excretory functions of the kidneys.
- Better function of the brain and the nervous system.
- Treating oncology in the digestive organs.
- Boosting sexual potency.
- Slimming and healthy skin.