https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/gc-logo2.png 0 0 Elena and Alfredo https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/gc-logo2.png Elena and Alfredo2011-04-08 05:36:422011-04-08 05:37:29How to Make Meatball Soup with Garlic Dumplings
Soups are an integral part of Russian cuisine. They warm you up and are good for digestion. Here is the recipe of a soup with garlic dumplings that confer it a special delicious taste.
Ingredients for Meatballs
- 1 lb minced meat
- an egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
Ingredients for Garlic Dumplings
- 0.2 lb flour
- 3 tablespoons semola
- an egg
- 4 garlic cloves
- salt and spices to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons kefir
Ingredients for Soup
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 pickled cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons fat or oil
Recipe for Meatball Soup with Dumplings
- First make dough for dumplings. Mash butter with egg, add salt and spices to taste. Mix flour and semola, put garlic through a press, add kefir. Mix it all up to get the dough like the one you see in the picture.
- Take minced meat, add finely chopped onion, egg, salt, pepper and a spoonful of flour. Mix it up and roll up meatballs the size of a walnut.
- Melt fat in a pan, fry chopped onion. Add tomato paste and vegetables cut into cubes – carrot, pepper, celery. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- After that pour in 10 glasses water, add chopped pickles. Bring to boil and put in meatballs.
- In about 5 minutes, when the soup begins to boil again, put in dumplings. Do it with two teaspoons. Scoop the dough with one spoon to fill half of it and push it off with the other spoon into the boiling soup.
- When all the dumplings are in, boil for 2 minutes more and turn off the heat. The soup is ready.