Are you inclined to follow healthy eating habits and invest wisely into your health? If you are, don’t forget about brown rice.
White rice is degrees less wholesome than brown rice because it has the husk removed – and most of the nutritional qualities with it.
White rice is devoid of many important compounds, vitamins of the B group, essential fatty acids, half of phosphorus, manganese, food fibers. Even if white rice is enriched with vitamin additives it is not quite what Nature created.
Useful properties of brown rice
- Rice is conducive to slimming owing to cellulose and a durable sense of satiety.
- It brings down the level of bad cholesterol owing to gamma oryzanol.
- It lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes owing to polyphenols, phytic acid, food fibers.
- It helps in preventing and treating many kinds of cancer including large gut cancer, pancreas cancer owing to peptide hormone IGF, cellulose and selenium.
- It keeps the heart and vessels healthy due to a high content of lignans and other components in the tissue layer enveloping brown rice grains.
- It strengthens the energy potential due to manganese and antioxidant ferments of superoxide dismutase.
- It assuages inflammation, cleanses the liver and maintains the immune system due to selenium and glutathione peroxidase.
- It brings nervous relief and subdues headaches due to magnesium and niacin.
- It prevents formation of calculi in the gall bladder due to insoluble fibers.
- All these agents produce a general salubrious effect on the health.
When buying rice go for brown kind.