Today we are having a special bruschetta, with the ingredients that are worth mentioning in detail.
Black Tuscan kale is cauliflower’s cousin. It is a popular vegetable in Italian dishes.
Black kale is a rich source of antioxidants, particularly glucosinolates, the predecessor of isothiocyanates that have strong anti-cancer properties, lutein, vitamins K, A and C.
Kale is easy to prepare, has a rich flavor that livens up your taste receptors. And if you lack ideas on how to eat it, try our idea of bruschetta.
We should tell you about the unique Nocello cheese, which we use here. In central Italy, where pecorino cheese was made only in spring, there was born a tradition of storing it in oak barrels with leaves and herbs. Thus, the cheese was kept for 4 months, surviving until winter.
Nocello cheese with leaves of young walnut, has unique features – a soft crumbly texture, an intense flavor and a unique taste full of mysterious nuances.
Ingredients for Black kale and cheese bruschetta
- Black Tuscan kale one, approximately 300 gr.
- Cheese Nocelle (Cacio nocello): how much to taste, or about 100 grams.
- Several loaves of bread.
- Extra virgin olive oil, salt, lemon juice: all to taste.
Recipe for Black kale and cheese bruschetta
- There is almost nothing to remove from the kale – only cut off the rigid leaf tips and wash it.
- Then boil it, dipping it into salted boiling water.
- Strain off the water using a colander. Season with olive oil, salt and lemon juice.
- Dry the bread in the toaster .
- Place the kale and pieces of cheese on it, and even pour olive oil.