Dieticians urge all health-conscious people to eat beans. Beans are rich in fiber which helps maintain a slim figure, regulates the cholesterol level and clears away toxins from your body. You will be surprised how wonderful beans with dark-violet olives and capers taste.
Ingredients for Beans with Olives and Capers
- 0.7 lb white beans
- 0.3 lb dark olives
- 1 tablespoon salty capers
- 1 leek
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 0.4 lb strained tomatoes
- You will have to presoak beans in cold water overnight. You can add a teaspoonful of soda that will make the skin softer. When the beans have swollen, rinse them in running water well and boil until soft.
- Cut leek into rings. Pour olive oil into a sauce pan. Sauté the leek.
- Add tomatoes and in 2-3 minutes put the boiled beans in. Add a little water. Simmer it all for about 15 minutes.
- Add olives without stones and a spoonful of chopped capers. Continue simmering for about 10 minutes more. At the end put salt, pepper, turn the heat off, and let the beans stand covered for about 10 minutes.
- Then the dish can be served. It is eaten hot.