The Recipe for Carrot Patties
Good eating habits are essential for health. It’s advisable to alter your diet straight away going heavy on vegetables. Yet the words carrot patties can make a lot of people pull a long face. But if you try to make it according to our recipe with grated parmesan and nutmeg, your whole family may come to like them.
Ingredients for Carrot Patties
- 5-6 carrots (about 2.2 lb)
- 4-5 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 4-5 tablespoons semolina
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of nutmeg
- olive oil for frying
Recipe for Carrot Patties
- Scrape the skin off the carrots. Put them in a blender and make a purée. Squeeze and drain the juice.
- Mix the carrot purée with semolina, grated cheese, eggs, nutmeg and a pinch of salt.
- Shape the mixture into patties. We did it with a special ring.
- Fry them on both sides on medium heat until they get nicely brown.