We decided to post a new recipe of our own here. It comes with boiled turkey meat and homemade pickled champignons.
The recipe also features boiled carrot, Savoy cabbage and our homemade olive mayo. Savoy cabbage is the queen of cabbages. It has crinkled leaves packed into flower-like crumbly head. Savoy cabbage provides twice as much vitamins, minerals and proteins as a head cabbage. And it tastes just great. Savoy cabbage appeals to both kids and seniors. In culinary, it is stewed and comes in salads and soups.
If there is no Savoy cabbage, or Savoy salad, available, get lettuce salad or Lollo Rosso salad with reddish leaves or just any leaf salad.
Our salad is amazingly tasty and it will be great option for Christmas table. Let it stand for 2-3 hours in a cold place for better taste.
Ingredients for Turkey and Champignon Salad
- 1 lb (400-500 g) turkey meat
- 2-3 carrots
- 3 onions
- 200 g pickled champignons
- 200 g Savoy cabbage or any other leaf salad
- Mayo, sea salt
- Few dill and parsley stalks
- In a small pot boil carrots.
- In another pot of salted water, boil turkey with halved onion bulb.
- Wash Savoy cabbage, break leaves apart.
- Chop the leaves, leaving some whole for garnishing.
- When carrots and meat are ready, let them cool and chop finely.
- Chop onion very finely.
- Shred greens.
- Dice champignons finely.
- Take a few champignons and separate caps and stems. Use caps for garnishing and chop stems finely for salad.
- In a salad bowl, combine turkey, carrots, onion, mushrooms, greens and Savoy cabbage.
- Dress with mayo, add salt to taste and mix everything well.
- Line a serving plate with cabbage leaves, place the salad on them and top with champignon caps.