The Recipe for Berry Jelly with Pistachios
Fruit and berry jellies make a light and pleasant dessert. Jellies are wholesome for the stomach, they do not irritate the mucous membrane and are agreeable for the whole digestive tract. Jelly is a good baby food, too. Berries make an especially rich and tasty jelly. Take fresh berries in summer, and in winter you can use frozen berries.
Ingredients for Berry Jelly
- 0.6-0,8 lb frozen berries (strawberry, blackberry, currant)
- 2.1 pt or 5 glasses or 0.8 cup water
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons starch
- a handful of pistachios
Recipe for Berry Jelly
- Pour water over berries and sugar, bring to boil, take off the heat. Let it stand for some 20 minutes, then mash the berries in a fine strainer.
- Throw away the skin and seeds and place the berry puree back into the syrup.
- Dissolve starch in three spoonfuls of cold water and pour into the syrup.
- Put the pan back on the stove and bring to boil stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over the jelly and serve.