Strudel with Meat Recipe
Try to cook a cake or pie from the finest filo (phyllo) dough – strudel stuffed with meat. This is a great hearty dish for lunch and dinner.
Filo (phyllo) dough can be bought readymade; it is not as dangerous as puff pastry, which is produced in factories with tons of chemicals and margarine.
Ingredients for Strudel with Meat
- Filo dough: 150-160 gr.
- Beef: 300 gr.
- Onions: 2
- Smoked pancetta: 100 gr.
- Salt, spices: to taste.
- Melted butter for greasing layers dough.
Recipe for Strudel with Meat
- Mince beef, onions, and pancetta. Add salt, spices.
- Put one layer filo dough on a greased baking sheet, brush it with butter.
- Put a second layer on it and grease it too. Do the same thing with the third layer.
- Spread meat filling over the entire surface, leaving 2-3 cm of an empty space at one edge.
- Then make roll and brush it with butter.
- Bake it for 40-45 minutes at 170-180 C.
- Strudel is good, both hot and cold.