How to Make Runner Beans with Vegetables
Runner beans or yardlong beans go well with the fragrant juicy fennel, sweet pepper and leek with its soft taste. The dish tastes excellent. It can make a part of any healthy diet, because it is difficult to overestimate the benefits of vegetables. So it is advisable to eat them oftener in any variety.
Ingredients for Runner Beans with Vegetables
- 1.2 lb runner bean
- 1 fennel
- 1 leek
- 1 sweet pepper
- 3-4 tomatoes
- olive oil, salt to taste
- Cut leek into thin rings. Slightly fry it in olive oil.
- Add finely chopped fennel.
- Simmer it with leek for about 5 minutes and then add diced pepper.
- In 5-6 minutes add tomatoes cut into small pieces.
- Trim off the ends of the beans, break or cut them into halves and add them to the vegetables.
- Salt, lower the heat to minimum, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring it from time to time.
- When the runner beans are soft, the dish is ready and you can serve it.