Try our pork and cabbage stew recipe. This dish will be wonderful for lunch as well as for hearty dinner. You won’t need to make a side dish as this stew harmoniously combines meat with vegetables, like “two-in-one”. Surprise your husband or grown-up sons with this dish. Many men are fond of meat and cabbage. They feel intuitively these foods are healthy for them. Actually, meat gives energy and eases fatigue while cabbage takes care of prostate gland. The dish is easy to cook but very tasty, nutritious and flavorous. You can taste this stew yourself using our recipe to cook it.
Ingredients for Pork and Cabbage Stew
- 1.2lb pork
- 1lb (300-400g) cabbage
- 1 big white onion
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves
- A few basil leaves
- 2 or 3 tomatoes
- Few dill twigs
- 0.5 teaspoon powdered rosemary
- 2 sage leaves
- 2 or 3 tablespoons adjika or any sweet and sour sauce
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
Recipe for Pork and Cabbage Stew
- Sauté finely chopped onion, garlic and sage in olive oil.
- Then add large pieces of meat and fry for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- When meat is nicely brown, add finely chopped tomatoes and adjika.
- Simmer everything together for 10 minutes; add finely sliced cabbage, basil and rosemary.
- Season with salt to taste, add shredded dill and pour in 0/5 cup of water. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes over very low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When cabbage and meat are soft, the dish is ready.
- Serve hot with greens, tomatoes or cucumbers.