The dough for these patties is of the simplest kind, made without eggs. Such dough is excellent for sweet and juicy fillings. It can keep in the refrigerator for several days to be used up later. You can make the filling with any other fruit.
Ingredients for dough
- 0.8 lb flour
- 0.2 lb butter
- 0.32 pt dry white wine
- salt, sugar to taste
Ingredients for filling
- 3-4 apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon starch
Recipe for Apple Patties
- Mix soft butter with wine, sugar and salt. Adding flour gradually knead dough. Stop adding flour when the dough gets not sticky.
- Wrap the dough in a film and place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Cut apples into cubes and sprinkle with sugar. When juice has oozed out, drain it, add cinnamon and a little starch.
- Roll the dough into a rope and cut into even-sized pieces.
- Roll each piece out, place the filling into the middle and pinch the edges together.
- Patties will look nicer if you smear them with egg. Bake until they become golden in the oven pre-heated to 365 degrees.