Vegetable stew is a summer dish, homely lovesome and enjoyable. The collection of vegetables creates a sweetish and rich taste. Such stew could be served as the main dish, especially if you are dieting or want to vary your menu. Or it may be served as a side dish for meat or fish.
Ingredients for Vegetable Stew
- 3 eggplants
- 2-3 sweet peppers
- 3-4 carrots
- 4 shallots
- 2 red onions
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Several parsley stalks
- Finely dice carrots, shallots and red onion.
- Chop peppers, eggplants and tomatoes into medium pieces.
- Pour olive oil in a saucepan and sauté shallots with red onion. Then, stir in parsley. Cook for a minute and add pepper. Stew for 5 minutes and add carrot.
- Stew for additional 5 minutes and stir in eggplants, tomatoes, tomato paste and season with salt to taste. Mix everything and cover.
- Stew over low heat for about fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until all vegetables are soft. Serve hot.