Here is one more way to bake a chicken in an oven and make it tasty – marinate it in white wine, lemon juice and onion, with the addition of garlic and a mixture of spicy herbs. We had a big chicken of about 4.5 lbs. That’s why we marinated it over the night to make it spicier. The chicken came out incredibly tasty, so we decided to share this recipe with you.
Ingredients for Chicken Baked in an Oven
- 1 chicken
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic head
- 2 lemons juice
- 3-4 cups white wine
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dry Italian herbs mixture
- First, we make the marinade. Chop onions and garlic finely, then mash them together with Italian dry spicy herbs and salt so as to get a fragrant paste.
- Add lemon juice, white wine and broken bay leaves.
- Place chicken into this marinade for about 7-8 hours. The chicken should be turned over time and again to be marinated properly.
- Place the chicken on a pre-oiled baking sheet.
- Bake it for about 2 hours at medium temperature until it gets a crispy golden crust.